If a friend is in need at the end of his rope,
Comfortable in our conclusions
And dauntless in our direction -
We embrace the person we declare
And act upon that mission.
But we are not ourselves.
A revelation brings self-doubt
And drives a wedge between
The epiphany and the self-portrait
That was so carefully crafted.
Are we not ourselves?
Every occasion to visit my grandsons also results in an eight-hour, brain-numbing road trip. There are a couple of ways I can travel from my home in Illinois to The Land of Grandsons (also known as Knoxville, Tennessee), but no matter which way, it involves four states, three or more interstate highways [...]
I saved myself, but at what cost?
Because of me a soul was lost.
Casual indifference kept
Me blind to how I should have stepped
With outstretched arm into the tempest tossed.
I saved myself but what’s the gain?
My comfort built on others’ pain?
Knowing that my help [...]
- Repaid For His Deed
- The Blessing
- Five Reasons I Know Hell Exists
- Bondage Haiku
- Pigs Don’t Know Pigs Talk Funny
- Everything Old Is New Again
- Forever And Then Forever Again
- We Are Not Ourselves
- The Road Most Taken
- A Bloody Lip
- Follow Someone
- Upside Down
- My Thirty Six Hour Vagina
- Where Are The Elephants?
- A Titleist, An Asteroid and Stacy
- Lemmings Anonymous
- We’ve Got To Stop Meeting Like This
- The Donut Nazi
- You’re Not The Boss Of Me
- A Priest, A Minister and a Rabbi
- (Bleep) Flows Downhill
- Light At The End Of The Tunnel
- A Thousand Squirrels
- Urinal Roulette
- The El To Paradise
- A Can Of Gumout
- My Penis Lies Over The Ocean
- Grandpa’s Last Stand
- Waldo Meets His Bleeping Match
- A Bran New World
- His Highness, King Me
- Flying In Formation
- Calculating America’s Future
- Don We Now
- Curse You, Soy
- Who am I? (and am I listening?)
- At What Cost